Sport Relief Mile
Sunday 23rd March
Your entry fee covers the cost of putting on the event only. To really make your Mile count, and help transform people’s lives, you’ll need to get sponsored. Luckily though, it couldn’t be easier:
- When entering, you’ll get to set up and Online Giving Page you which you can use to collect sponsors’ cash easily and securely.
- You’ll find loads of top sponsorship tips and ideas in the Fundraise section, to maximise the amount you raise.
- We’ve put together a handy sponsorship form which you can use to collect sponsorship in person.
About the Mile
- Mile events taking place on Sunday 23rd March.
- Hundreds of Miles, up and down the country.
- Flagship Mile at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London.
- Choice of distances to suit all abilities: 1, 3 or 6 miles.
- You don’t have to run it, you could walk, hop, skip… it’s entirely up to you.
- It’s a great, fun, family day out.
- It’s suitable for all ages and you can enter friends and family.
If you can’t make one of our Mile events, why not get sponsored to do a run of your own? For all the tips and tools to help you, order your free Fundraising Kit now.
If you have any other questions about the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile, pop along to our FAQs section.
Things you’ll need
To enter the Mile, you’ll need names, email addresses and emergency contact numbers for everyone you’re signing up, plus parental consent for under-16s. On the day, you’ll need:
- Your individual Mile number, plus safety pins to attach it (you won’t be able to take part without it).
- A good pair of running shoes or trainers.
- An easily accessible water bottle, to help keep you hydrated.
- A stopwatch, if you want to time yourself.
- A good number of sponsors, to spur you on and ensure that your Mile makes a difference.
Take your challenge to the next level- perhaps you’ll run three-legged with a friend or wear fancy dress.
Preparing for your Mile
You don’t have to be super fit to do the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile, but if you do fancy a few training tips, we’re happy to help.
Get the gear
Do your Mile in style with the official Sport Relief kit, available in Sainsbury’s from 15th February. Or, get kitted out now, in our online shop.
Lanie and her partner did the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile in Leeds dressed as a Chinese dragon, and raised a fantastic £75.
This could pay for a young person in the UK, who’s become involved with gangs, to take part in a six-month football programme, helping them to stay out of trouble.