"Content" means all content on this Site, including all information, graphics, trademarks, logos, designs, text, photos, films, sounds, software and applications;
"Contribution(s)" means anything that a user posts on this Site or sends to Comic Relief, including any photographs, video or audio clips, comments or posts or competition entries;
This Site and all the Content on it is owned by Comic Relief (or its licensors and content providers). All rights in the Content are reserved to their respective owners, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Any Contribution you send or post to this Site remains your property, but Comic Relief may use your Contribution as described under "Your Contributions" below. You may not use any Content on this Site unless it is expressly stated that you may do so. Where we state that it is permitted to do so, you may download and use Content, but only for the purposes of raising awareness about Comic Relief.
You may not:
- use any Content on this Site for personal gain, for any commercial purpose, to advertise or sell any products or services, or to promote a business;
- copy, transmit, store or distribute any part of this Site, unless we have expressly indicated that you may do so. You may not alter, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, disassemble or create derivative works of any software which is accessible through this Site; or
- collect or use any personal details from this Site.
If you send or post any Contributions to this Site or to Comic Relief, you confirm that you are granting Comic Relief a perpetual (and irrevocable), royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use the material in your Contribution for any purpose in any media in any part of the world. This includes the right for Comic Relief to copy, edit, publish, grant sub-licences, and exercise all other copyright and publicity rights over the material. You also waive all ‘moral rights’ in the materials (‘moral rights’ are described in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988).
If you do not wish to grant us these rights, please do not send or post your Contribution to this Site or to Comic Relief.
You must not post or send any Contributions to this Site or to Comic Relief that you do not have permission to publish or share in this way, for example clips of music videos or TV shows. By sending or posting a Contribution to this Site or Comic Relief you warrant that
- your Contribution does not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights, which include any copyright, moral rights or trade mark rights;
- you have necessary permission from everyone in a picture or video. For children and young people the permission must be from their parent or legal guardian.
You should always give careful consideration before making public any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example telephone number, home address or email address), especially anything that could identify a child or young person.
Comic Relief does not endorse any Contribution or any opinion, statement, or advice expressed by users of this Site wherever it may appear. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Comic Relief expressly disclaims all liability in connection with any Contributions made by users of this Site wherever it may appear.
You may only use this Site for lawful purposes and you agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct and to be solely responsible for all things arising from your use of this Site. You may not submit, publish, post, distribute or transmit any defamatory, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful or objectionable Contributions. You may not interfere with anyone’s use or enjoyment of this Site, for example by threatening, bullying or sending junk mail.
If you register with us and are asked to provide a password, you agree:
- to keep your password secure and confidential and not allow anyone else to use your email address or password to access this Site;
- to notify Comic Relief immediately if you become aware of any improper or unauthorised use of this Site or your details or your password:
- not to do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any password-protected area of this Site; and
- not to create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Site, or other users, or to seek to pass yourself off as another user.
(PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
You agree that you are solely responsible for your use of this site, and that to the fullest extent permitted at law, Comic Relief, its officers, trustees, employees and agents do not make any representations and do not give any warranties, express or implied, concerning this Site and the Content. In particular, Comic Relief does not warrant or represent that this Site or the Content is virus free.
All software provided by third parties (for example Acrobat Reader and RealPlayer) is the sole responsibility of that third party.
If you wish to donate to Comic Relief or sponsor anyone raising money for Comic Relief, please note that your donation or sponsorship is non-refundable. If you sponsor someone to do any activity for Comic Relief, your sponsorship is not conditional on the activity being completed.
This Site may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Comic Relief. Such links are provided for your convenience only and you access these links at your own risk. Comic Relief is not responsible for the content of any third party websites linked to or from this Site.
- “Half Price Entry” and 25% Off” for the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile, Cycle or Swimathon (the “Offers”) is subject to the following terms and conditions and are only available for entries made through sportrelief.com.
- The Half Price Offer is available as follows:Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile The “Half Price Offer” is available for all entries during the period starting at 00.01hrs on 24th November 2015 and ending at 23.59 on the closest working day to when the 14,875th Mile entry is received or at midnight on 21st December whichever is sooner.
Sainsbury’s Sport Relief CycleThe “Half Price Offer” is available for all entries during the period starting at 00.01hrs on 24th November 2015 and ending at 23.59 on the closest working day to when the 1,035th Cycle entry is received or at midnight on 21st December whichever is sooner.Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon With the exception of entries where pricing concessions apply which are expressly excluded, the “Half Price Offer” is available for all entries into the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Swimathon during the period starting at 00.01hrs on 24th November 2015 and ending at 23.59 on the closest working day to when the 6,200th Swimathon entry is received or at midnight on 21st December whichever is sooner..
- The 25% Off Offer is available as follows:Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile “25% Off” is available for all entries starting immediately after the Half Price Mile offer ends and until 23.59 on the closest working day to when the 20,745th Mile entry is received or at midnight on 24th January whichever is sooner.Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Cycle“25% Off” is available for all entries starting immediately after the Half Price Cycle offer ends and until 23.59 on the closest working day to when the 1,480th Cycle entry is received or at midnight on 24th January whichever is sooner.SwimathonWith the exception of entries where pricing concessions apply which are expressly excluded, “25% Off” is available for all entries starting immediately after the Half Price Swimathon offer ends and until 23.59 on the closest working day to when the 9,920th Swimathon entry is received or at midnight on 8th January whichever is sooner.
- The Offer may not be exchanged for cash or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Comic Relief reserves the right to withdraw the Offer or change these terms and conditions at any time, including (but not limited to) extending the Offer Period.
- The Offer applies to Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile/ Cycle/ Swimathon entry fees only and not to any other purchases made or transactions completed during the relevant offer period.
- Comic Relief does not accept any responsibility for any network congestion, technical failure or other problem in any telephone line, network, system, provider or otherwise which results in any entry not being properly recorded or received.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- The Offers for Sport Relief Mile and Sport Relief Cycle are promoted by Comic Relief of 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland).
- The Swimathon offer is promoted by Comic Relief in association with The Swimathon Foundation.
If you are fundraising for Sport Relief 2016, please make sure you stay legal – and take a moment to read the following guidelines and information before you start:
Please make sure your fundraising materials (e.g. posters) include the line: ‘In support of Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland)’.
Your fundraising materials must not suggest that you represent the charity, only that you are fundraising in support of us.
If you are raising money in the course of a business, deducting any amount to cover costs, or splitting the money raised between Comic Relief and another charity, then you’ll need a Fundraising Agreement. Contact us at email@example.com to get one.
We don’t advise you to collect money in a public place or door to door. If you do choose to do so, you’ll need your own licence from your local authority (you should find details about this on your local authority’s website).
If children (under 16) are involved in fundraising in any way, please make sure that they have permission from their parent or guardian, and are properly supervised by a responsible adult. Children should never approach strangers about fundraising.
If you are planning any type of lottery (such as a raffle, tombola or sweepstake), please be aware that there are strict rules about what you can do. For England, Wales and Scotland, the Gambling Commission publishes useful guidance on lotteries at www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. In Northern Ireland, the Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action publishes a good practice guide at nicva.org.
You should always consider whether you need appropriate insurance cover for your fundraising activity. If necessary, carry out a risk assessment and make sure participants are fully briefed about the activity.
For more information on fundraising please see the Institute of Fundraising website, http://www.how2fundraise.org
Disclaimer – please read!
Please be safe! Whilst we really appreciate your support, Comic Relief is not responsible for organising, supervising or hosting your Sport Relief activity. All activities, and participation in them, are at the organisers’ and participants’ own risk. Your activity should not pose a danger to you or any onlookers.
Comic Relief does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage, or for any death or personal injury, arising out of any fundraising activity including liability as a result of negligence (except death or personal injury caused by Comic Relief’s negligence).
If you wish to donate to Comic Relief or sponsor anyone for Sport Relief 2016, please note that your donation or sponsorship payment is non-refundable. If you sponsor someone your sponsorship is not conditional on the activity being completed.